Tuesday 22 October 2013

LIFE!! ..an unsuccessful attempt at demystifying it

What is Life? Simple yet complex. Unless the subject is whether or not corals have life in them, I will easily agree with you on all the other aspects and manifestations of life that exist in the realms; terrestrial and extraterrestrial. I am an example of life, I am living it.. simple! There's a universal acceptance on the hierarchy of life that starts with human life. It is universal in the sense that it does not respect religious, scientific and any other personal or societal inclinations. It is therefore safe to say that the remaining forms of life exist for the exploitation of man in pursuit of his goals. Homo sapiens beware: this among others might be the first charges we'll answer to at the convergence of the wide and narrow paths (read Judgement day - if it exists).

While life is simple to explain and validate empirically, it's origin is the most controversial topic to date. Theories and myths abound. From divergent religious views, complex and near-comical evolution theories, logical, metaphysical etc. Y'all will cut me some slack for not delving into all of them - Google and Wikipedia can beat me hands down. I must mention this in passing though, having schooled in a mission school full of priests AKA Masters of theology (they spend enough years in college that must make student doctors envious). To my relief,  I came to learn that the Adam and Eve story is not entirely true. It was an attempt by the early church to explain the existence of man - I agree, I find it best suited for a timid Sunday school audience. I am sorry.

To Evolution and equally skewed theories and myths, my response is simple... Bollocks!! I must admit though, while I don't believe in reincarnation, I carefully watch my steps to avoid maiming or "promoting to glory" insects that are easily trampled on. I am not scientifically-wired to want to explain stuff in black and white, so as far as life's origin is concerned, I digress. To majority of humans, life is fate, life is circumstantial, life is a blessing, life is what you make it, life is interesting, life is boring, life is get born-grow up-school-work-marry-get babies-die, life is sleep-wake up-sleep.... what's yours?

Gotta end my "novel" by admitting that I am slowly buying Rose Muhando's idea of Tenda wema Nenda Zako - a song in one of her latest album releases. Not a bad outlook of summing up life, huh? . However, my favourite view of life is informed by Midnite Band's Unpolished album release of 1997; song number two rhythmically says: LOVE THE LIFE YOU LIVE, LEAD THE LIFE YOU LOVE!! :) :)

2 comments:

  1. In life there consequences based on choices we make.. LEAD THE LIFE YOU LOVE.. like the Great book says .. you are given to choices ,Life and Death Choose one..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well stated bruv. Thanks.. I choose Life :)

      Delete