Thursday 24 October 2013

In My Opinion

I am as opinionated as they come, so much that one Robert Alai must be envious. Everyone has one. How to distinguish opinions, ideas and decisions is a topic for another day - wheat and chaff kind of an analysis. An opinion is the best excuse for mediocre, outright silly but sometime brainy and well-thought-out statements. In case you've been wondering why the acronym IMO is too rampant on social media and micro blogging platforms such as twitter, now you know; it's the the best haven for majority of us. Don't get so offended if out of the blues I blurt out or tweet: "IMO you're retarded". Well it's just my opinion.. comprende?

I have an array of opinions and what a perfect venue to spew them as here, yes, right here in my blog. Back in primary school, my music teacher kicked off my maiden music class by defining music. Music is organized noise; he said. In similar context, I bet organized opinions and ideas defines a speech. I'll save y'all from a speech by getting out my opinions in no particular order. Ahem.. IMO, Kenyans are too political it hurts; "ethnopolitical" is the word. It's a malignant cancer that spares no one from professors to soldiers (read watchmen). The sheer amount of time wasted politicking has a significant percentage on our GDP's pie chart; a negative one. I consider myself apolitical but I must admit, I'm guilty too.

IMO, social media and "socialites" will kill us. Yes, we'll spend hours in a day checking out what celeb did what, what he/she had for breakfast, what a certain "socialite" wore or didn't wear to some event, who posted randy photos and where... We thrive on sensationalism. Ask the authors of Daily Post; they have perfected sensationalism and plagiarism to a degree that must reflect in what they drive and in their lifestyle - Siwajui btw, but folks must be laughing their way to the bank thanks to the web traffic they generate per day. I have decided to snob sensationalism altogether. You don't believe it? I dare you to make one Vera Sidika catwalk in my balcony or to get the most hyped celeb in Kenya to perform in the same venue (my balcony) and see whether I'll even think of drawing my curtain to witness... I WONT!! Hehe!

IMO, soap operas and series are a waste of time, especially the former. Why on earth does one agree to be programmed by a guy seated at Citizen TV or KTN studios for a whooping six months? A new soap opera is over-hyped weeks before the present one ends consequently earning a one hour slot on our prime time TV for the next couple of months.. Jeso!! As for the series, suffice it to say that the best venue for watching them without a care in the world is lying on a hammock in between two palms trees overlooking the beach in my retirement home.. ermm via ipad 10 (ama by then itakuwa 11.. haidhuru). I know by now some people are like: "dude, what do you do for fun?". Gonna answer that in my next blog post.

IMO and "observation", every piece of land being sold in Nairobi is supposedly next to some bypass, airstrip, university etc..sadly!! IMO, all kanjo askaris should be in jail. IMO, all "modern" churches should be audited. IMO, harambee starts should only exists in our history books. IMO, all KDF westgate lootenants should be fired. IMO, the only benefit of fads and fashions is improved govt revenue. IMO, white weddings are overrated. IMO, we should adopt a different system of meritocracy albeit for a week. For instance: looks, height, weight, walking style, hair... ai, masomo ni ngumu sana (pun intended). IMO,...........

...off to kulainisha ma biceps!!

No comments:

Post a Comment